Feel Good Films with Popcorn Shed

Feel Good Films with Popcorn Shed

Happy National Popcorn Day, everyone! I’m so excited to be collaborating with Popcorn Shed, again, in honour of this holiday. If you missed it, I reviewed some of their delicious popcorn flavours at the end of last year. This time, I’m bringing you my feel good films of all time! We all have those films that we’ll happily watch over and over again, just because we love them so much. And what else is a better accompaniment than popcorn?

My favourite flavour from Popcorn Shed has to be Berry-licious! I mentioned this in my last post, too. The raspberries add a lovely sour element to the sweetness of the chocolate, and the end product tastes amazing! If I had to choose only one flavour to have on my movie nights, it would definitely be this one. However, there’s such a selection at Popcorn Shed! You can even buy a little selection box of different flavours, so you can try every single one during your movie marathon.

They have a mix of savoury and sweet (and even a savoury and sweet) flavours for you to choose from, so there is something for everybody!

And now, onto my movie selections! I don’t know if I have a favourite genre – I’m more of a TV show person than a film person. So these happen to be a mix, but I love all of them equally and so much!

Love Actually (2003) – Romance/Drama

You must be living under a rock if you haven’t heard of this movie! It’s a Christmas film (or a film set around Christmastime, anyway), however I will happily watch it any time of year. It follows the love lives of a selection of people, who are all intertwinned in one way or another. An amazing feel-good movie – if you ignore Emma Thompson and Alan Rickman’s story. I. Cry. Every. Time. It definitely has a lot of funny bits in it, too!

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) – Comedy/Mockumentary

I love this movie so much! I found this before I found my love for Flight of the Conchords – actually, I think this movie brought them and their music to my attention. When I started university, most people I met or went on a date with, I would force them to watch What We Do in the Shadows with me. Sounds strange, but for so long I was obsessed with it. It’s in the style of a documentary, and follows the lives of a bunch of vampires who live together, and all the funny things they get up to/happen to them!

Mamma Mia (2008) – Musical

Again, there is no way that you haven’t heard of this movie! For those of you that haven’t (shame on you), it’s a romance/musical, featuring songs from ABBA. The cast are amazing, the songs are amazing, and the storyline is great! It’s very difficult not to sing along with every hit. And even harder not to come away from this movie feeling wonderful inside!

I’ll admit, I still haven’t seen the sequel, but I’m sure it won’t take me much longer considering how much I loved the first one.

Bridget Jones’s Diary (2001) – Rom-Com

Bridget Jones is such a relatable character, and I think that’s why this film is in the heart’s of so many. I’m sure we’ve all been in a place where we feel like our life is going nowhere, and we’re stuck in a rut with nobody to love. And I don’t particularly want to think about all the times I’ve totally and completely embarrassed myself either… but it happens to all of us! It’s a funny, cringey story of a women’s struggles in life, and her mission to find love.

I decided to name the first film in this trilogy because it’s my favourite of the three, but I love them all! Any of them I’d class as one of my top feel-good films. (The more Colin Firth, the better!)

The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) – Comedy

I’m not quite sure how to explain this movie, other than after I watched it, I felt like I had just watched the best movie of all time. The cinematography in this film is absolutely stunning – the colours are beautiful, the editing is amazing. It’s a real pleasure to watch!

The story itself is a funny and fast-paced journey of two hotel workers caught up in a bit of a mess after someone staying at the hotel dies, and one of the workers is accused of her murder. Ralph Fiennes is amazing in this film, and if I could watch it on repeat forever, I would.

The Breakfast Club (1985) – Comedy/Drama

The final movie on my list is The Breakfast Club! This is such a classic film and if you haven’t seen it, you’ve surely heard of it. It took me a long time to get around to watching this film, but when I did it made me feel warm inside. There’s a lot of sadness as the students, who are in detention, all open up and share their hardships. You feel sorry for them, but you can also relate to at least one of them. If you’re anything like me, you’ll cry at least twice.

They are all completely different, and yet, in the end, all come together and have fun with the fact they’re stuck in detention all day. It ends leaving you feeling like you’ve gotten to know every student better, and you have had a real fun time with them all, too. Just as if you were there with them!

And, of course, how could you not feel uplifted right at the end, with John Bender fist pumping the air to Don’t You (Forget About Me)?

Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you’ve enjoyed my list of my favourite feel good films! Have you seen any, or all, of these movies? Which one is your favourite – or what feel good film of yours did I leave off the list? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time, and have a lovely weekend,

feel good films

1. January 20, 2019 / 7:42 am

Oooh, it is neat that you got to do a collab with Popcorn Shed. It is always nice to see different flavors that can be combined with popcorn. I know my boyfriend would appreciate berries being added to the mix for some sweetness. I haven’t seen these movies before but have heard of it! The Breakfast Club is such a classic! Ok, I definitely need to watch this movie. Thanks for sharing some of your favorite films!!

January 21, 2019 / 4:59 pm

They’re such a lovely company to work with, and I’ve collaborated with them twice, now! The Berry-licious flavour I cannot rave about enough 😍 You should!!! It’s such a great movie – no wonder it’s a classic, I love it!

2. Kim - UKWordGirl
    January 20, 2019 / 9:39 am

Some great movies here! Those popcorn bags look/sound delightful, too. I’m not allowed to eat the stuff, but I crave it so bad some days!

Great read 😊

Kim | https://www.ukwordgirl.com

January 21, 2019 / 4:59 pm

Thank you! Oh man that’s unfortunate – you’ll just have to find some other delicious treats for your movie nights 😜

3. January 20, 2019 / 10:07 am

I’ve seen a lot of people talking about this popcorn recently, I’m going to have to give it a go! I love Bridget Jones and Love Actually too, my go to feel good films are always Disney or a chick flick!

January 21, 2019 / 5:01 pm

You should!! They have such great flavours, and the crunchiness of the popcorn isn’t compromised by adding in other ingredients, too ☺️ Bridget Jones I used to pretend not to love because my mum was obsessed, but I’m obsessed now, too 🙈

January 21, 2019 / 5:01 pm

Hahaha, I love that I could invoke this in you! Thank you ☺️

4. January 21, 2019 / 2:46 pm

Ooh, I love popcorn! It is such a perfect movie snack 🙂 I’ve actually tried Popcorn Shed before, I had the Pop n Choc flavour in a subscription box and it was sooo nice! I’d be interested to try the Berry-licious flavour next, ahhh this post is making me crave popcorn so much, he he! Love Actually and Bridget Jones are such cosy, comforting films, I love them! I’ve not heard of What We Do in the Shadows but I have heard of Flight of the Conchords and think their songs are so funny, I’ll defo have to check this out soon, thanks for the recommendation Beka, fab post! <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

January 21, 2019 / 5:04 pm

It is utterly perfect! Especially when you can experiment with new flavours ☺️ Pop n Choc was an amazing flavour, I loved it! Ahhhh I hope you can get the Berry-licious one, soon. I’m on a mission to convert everyone into trying it 😂 You’d love What We Do in the Shadows, then! It used to be on Netflix but I’m not sure if it’s there anymore, which is a pity. But it has one of the duo in it (Jermaine), and the director of their TV show of the same name, I think. Such a funny movie! Thank you, Bexa ❤️

5. January 21, 2019 / 5:30 pm

The popcorn sounds wonderful! The only sweet one I’ve tried is caramel corn and that sounds so boring now. I’ve only seen a couple of the movies on your list and even those it’s been a long time. I’ll have to look up some of the others. What We Do in the Shadows sounds intriguing. Thanks for sharing them!

Ruth

January 27, 2019 / 10:07 am

I can’t get enough of the stuff, it’s now the only popcorn I ever want to eat 😂 What We Do in the Shadows is such a great, funny movie! A perfect one to put on if you’re having a bad day and it’ll cheer you right back up. I hope you enjoy trying the movies out you haven’t seen! Thank you ☺️

6. January 21, 2019 / 6:00 pm

I have never seen The Breakfast Club or Mamma Mia! I’m super behind!

Also, fun flavored popcorn is my fav! I wish we had stuff like that in the US! The UK gets all the coolest snacks!

January 27, 2019 / 10:15 am

They’re both such amazing movies, you have to check them out at some point! I tried to flavour my own popcorn awhile back and it was a lot of fun – you could try that, too! Homemade popcorn and a movie night sounds amazing ☺️

7. January 21, 2019 / 6:30 pm

ooh I love popcorn and missed national popcorn day so now I’m really craving it! I haven’t watched some of these and am always looking for new ones to watch so thanks for the recommendations!

Soph – https://sophhearts.com x

January 27, 2019 / 10:29 am

Every day can be national popcorn day if you want it do be 😏 I hope you enjoy the movies you haven’t seen yet!

8. January 22, 2019 / 3:21 pm

These are some great films to pick for a feel Good evening! also that popcorn sounds delicious!

January 30, 2019 / 3:49 pm

Thank you! It is delicious, all other popcorn has been ruined for me after this flavour 😂