Hi guys, I hope you’re all doing well and we’re all starting to get into the Christmas spirit! I will be honest, I’ve been listening to these songs well before December – but for those of you who stick to the unwritten rules, it will be time for you to finally listen to your first Christmas song of the season. So, I thought it would be nice to share my Christmas playlist with you all!
I know everybody’s Christmas playlist is probably the same. There’s only so many Christmas songs out there! It’s still something I love doing every year, and I never bore of any of these songs. I thought I’d let you in on which are my ultimate favourites, too! Let’s get into it!
My Christmas Playlist
1. Fairytale of New York – The Pogues ft. Kirsty MacColl
2. The Power of Love – Gabrielle Aplin
3. Lonely This Christmas – Mud
4. Christmas Time (Don’t Let the Bells End) – The Darkness
5. Santa Baby – Kylie Minogue
6. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday – Wizzard
7. Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee
8. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – Pretenders
9. Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass – All Time Low
10. Last Christmas – Wham!
11. All I Want For Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey
12. Do They Know It’s Christmas? – Band Aid
13. Merry Xmas Everybody – Slade
14. Step Into Christmas – Elton John
15. It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas – Michael Buble
16. Happy Xmas (War Is Over) – John Lennon
17. Jingle Bell Rock – Bobby Helms
18. Stop The Cavalry – Jona Lewie
19. Santa Baby – Eartha Kitt
20. White Christmas – Bing Crosby
21. Mistletoe and Wine – Cliff Richard
22. Baby It’s Cold Outside – Ella Fitzgerald
23. Deck The Hall – Nat King Cole
24. Here Comes Santa Claus – Bob B. Soxx & The Blue Jeans
25. Baby It’s Cold Outside – Michael Buble & Idina Menzel
26. Holly Jolly Christmas – Michael Buble
27. Wonderful Christmastime – Paul McCartney
28. Merry Christmas Everybody – Shakin’ Stevens
29. It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year – Andy Williams
30. Blue Christmas – Elvis Presley
There’s a few classics I’ve missed out because I don’t particularly like them (shocker!), but regardless, let me know if you think I’ve missed out a banger of a Christmas song!
Onto my ultimate favourites… There’s so many, that this was really difficult. I limited myself to 5 songs, because otherwise the list would have gone on and on, and I’d have just repeated my entire playlist again. Without further ado, my top 5 Christmas songs are:
- Christmas Time (Don’t Let The Bells End) – The Darkness
- Fairytale Of New York – The Pogues ft. Kirsty MacColl
- Stop The Cavalary – Jona Lewie
- Step Into Christmas – Elton John
- Lonely This Christmas – Mud
I cannot stress enough how much I love these songs!!! They’re all amazing pieces of work, and while all being Christmas songs, all have a different vibe to them. I’d also like to make an honorary mention to Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass – All Time Low. Despite being a massive ATL fan while I was growing up, I had never really listened to this song until two Christmases ago. I found this wonderful song during a Christmas where I was in such a bad place due to someone quite toxic in my life. Definitely an amazing song to sing at the top of your lungs, while you’re driving home from uni, bawling your eyes out. If I had allowed myself 6 songs for my favourites list, this would have made #6 for definite.
I hope you enjoyed this post, and I’ve inspired you to start making/listening to your own Christmas playlist (if you haven’t started already, like I have). If you don’t have one, feel free to check out mine on Spotify, here.
What’s your favourite Christmas song? Or top 5 if you just can’t decide on one? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time,