Reusable Shopping Bag Collection & The Selfie Bag

Reusable Shopping Bag Collection & The Selfie Bag

Recently, I’ve become more environmentally conscious. I’ve been up-ing my recycling game, using reusable bottles and less plastics, and working up a reusable shopping bag collection. I’m not perfect, and I still mess up and buy myself plastic bottles of coke, sometimes. There’s a lot that I still don’t know about how I can help further, and I plan to keep expanding my knowledge on this.

While I do that, I’d love to show you my cute reusable bags that I take shopping with me wherever I go! My collection also features The Selfie Bag from Cotton Bag Co. It’s an adorable, canvas bag that comes in two different styles – not only is it great for shopping, but as the name suggests, it’s great to help you get the perfect selfie!

reusable shopping bag | the selfie bag | cotton bag co

Let’s start off with The Selfie Bag. The bag is very sturdy, so great for your heavier items like juice, milk, potatoes, etc. It’s very spacious when expanded as well, so if you’re popping in for a small shop, this is the only bag you would need!

It’s such a gorgeous pattern, with a black background and metallic gold patterns, stars and hearts – making it perfect for a clothes shop, or even a day out around town, too! It also comes in a classic canvas bag beige, with colourful patterns, but I’m in love with this black and gold version.

reusable shopping bag | the selfie bag | cotton bag co

Let’s talk selfie. This bag has two compartments inside – one zip bag, perfect for your phone and keys, and a pocket specifically designed to fit your selfie stick. Perfect for a holiday where you want to snap some great pics of you and the amazing views! The zip pocket also holds a “How to Bag Yourself the Perfect Selfie” handbook, with tips from a few influencers on how they take the perfect selfie. Worried that the lighting is all wrong? The Selfie Bag also comes with a flip out reflective material to help capture your best angles!

reusable shopping bag | Tesco

My next bag is this amazing one from Tesco! I love how, even though it’s from a supermarket, it isn’t branded with their logo. It has such a sweet, spring-y design but I don’t mind using this all year round. The little hand-drawn smiley faces on the flowers and ladybugs are so cute, and the pun makes me giggle every time I read it.

The bag opens up a lot more than you would expect, and provides so much space for your shopping. Again, a great one to take if you’re doing a small shop.

reusable shopping bag | Primark

I picked up this “Edinburgh” bag from Primark (the one in Edinburgh in case you hadn’t guessed) for £1/£2. It’s a pretty simple tote bag, but I love the skyline and the pink/rose gold hearts. The font is also very cute, and reminds me of the gorgeous bullet journal spreads you see on Pinterest. I wish I could write like that!

reusable shopping bag | Next

I absolutely adore this Next shopping bag! The fishnet style is so beautifully simple. I love to use it for my fruits and vegetables when I’m at the shop – it makes me feel like I’m a protagonist in a rom-com, at a fruit and veg market in a European city. Very specific, and slightly pathetic, I know! The thought of it makes me laugh now, but it’s exactly what this bag makes me think of. I cannot get over the simplicity of this bag. It is one of my favourites, for sure!

reusable shopping bag | mermaid | Flying Tiger

This has to be one of my favourites, as well. If not, my absolute favourite! If you have read My Tattoo Stories, you’ll know that I love mermaids. This drawn is stunning! The pink flushed cheeks and love heart detailing make it so sweet.

I bought this cute tote bag from Flying Tiger. They have such a cute selection for tote bags, and I would recommend checking them out next time you pass one!

That’s my current reusable shopping bag collection! I have a bit of an obsession with buying them at the moment. I’m trying to restrain myself, but no doubt this collection will grow over time…

I hope you liked this post! Let me know in the comments what your favourite bag was, and if you have reusable bags, where do you buy yours?

Until next time,

reusable shopping bag collection | the selfie bag | cotton bag co | Pinterest

Beka
      January 6, 2019 / 1:00 pm

I think the mermaid bag HAS to be my favourite ☺️ Hopefully they still have some in Flying Tiger for you! Thank you, that’s so sweet of you to say ❤️

1. Avatar October 14, 2018 / 10:12 am

I’m allll for reusable bags! Even before paying for a plastic carrier bag came in I use to refuse to use one. I’ve just never liked them! P.s loving the selfie bag 🧡🧡

Finlay Grace x

Beka
      January 6, 2019 / 1:01 pm

Me too, it’s my new favourite obsession collecting loads of different style bags! That’s such an amazing thing that you’ve done it for so long 💕 thank you!

2. Avatar October 14, 2018 / 2:46 pm

I have SO many reusable shopping bags, most of them are Disney themed yet when I go shopping I still usually forget them! After watching ‘Drowning in Plastic’ I know I need to do more to help the plastic crisis and will definitely be keeping one in every handbag now! I love that ‘perfect selfie’ bag it sounds fab!

Beka
      January 6, 2019 / 1:32 pm

I wouldn’t expect anything other than Disney bags from you 😂 I get that, sometimes I forget my bags when I’m in a rush as well. I’m just grateful of the shops that I go to that use brown paper bags – it makes me feel a little better about forgetting my own! I haven’t seen that, I’ll have to look it up ☺️

Beka
      January 6, 2019 / 1:33 pm

Thank you! Me too, I have to refrain from buying loads of them 😂

3. Avatar October 15, 2018 / 3:22 am

The mermaid bag is so cute! I love this idea. I’ve accumulated so many bags over the years – most of them are gifts. My most-used reusable shopping bag is one I picked up in Yosemite on a family trip. I keep most of my collection in the trunk of my car for whenever I need them. I did just get a new canvas bag from Nerdy Bird Ink, and it’s one of my new favorites to haul things around in.

Good luck on your sustainable journey! Can’t wait to see how it goes.

Alex| californiapollution.com

Beka
      January 6, 2019 / 1:34 pm

The mermaid one is my absolute favourite! I’d love to go to Yosemite, I’m so jealous! That’s such a good idea. I have a lot of bags for life in my car, but I keep my tote bags in the kitchen ☺️ I think putting them all in my car will be a lot handier! Thank you ❤️

4. Avatar October 15, 2018 / 11:54 am

I love your very specific shopping fantasy haha, I totally get it too. Using that net bag I’d probably feel like a 1940 housewife stocking up at the greengrocers.
    The selfie bag sounds amazing.
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

Beka
      January 6, 2019 / 1:35 pm

Hahaha, I’m so glad I’m not alone 😂 yes! That’s exactly how I’d feel, too! It’s such a cute bag, though. Thanks, I love the print of the selfie bag!

5. Avatar October 15, 2018 / 2:49 pm

I’m trying to be more environmentally conscious too and have had my eye on one of those fishnet style bags for ages- they’re so cute but I already have so many plastic ones that I’m reusing! I love that you’re making an effort with cotton bags though- it makes such a difference.

Soph – https://sophhearts.com/ x

Beka
      January 6, 2019 / 1:49 pm

Honestly, it’s the cutest bag I’ve ever seen! I have a lot of plastic ones that I reuse too, but I can’t help myself when it comes to buying cotton ones 😂 Thank you!

6. Avatar
    Kim
    October 18, 2018 / 12:53 pm

These are great! My favourite is the spring design from Tesco. 🙂

Beka
      January 6, 2019 / 1:50 pm

Thank you! Yeah, that one is super cute ☺️

7. Avatar October 18, 2018 / 10:22 pm

Being environmentally friendly is definitely something we have to be cautious of! I’m especially loving the fishnet shopping bag. It’s so chic and definitely insta worthy!

Bukola Veronica,

Beka
      January 6, 2019 / 1:51 pm

Yes!!! I never even thought of that, but it is pretty worthy of a cute Insta pic 😂

Beka
      January 21, 2019 / 2:57 pm

It’s so cute!! Yeah, I love the shops that have opened for brown paper bags, but a lot of places still use plastic bags and it really should be stopped!