October Bullet Journal

October Bullet Journal

Hi lovelies, and welcome back to another bullet journal blog post. I can’t believe it’s October already! All my woolly jumper and thick tights dreams have come true – I can’t wait to dress for the (finally) cold weather.

I feel like I say this every month, but this month’s spread is simple yet again. I’m not really creative and so neither is my journal. I’d love to be the person who has amazing spreads every month, but I’m a basic bitch. So, let’s get into it!

October is a busy month for me, all because of Uni. Thankfully I don’t have as many midterms as I have had in previous years! However, I do have a fair few coursework projects, instead.

Since I know my social life is going to be non-existent, I decided to put the entire month’s calendar on one page! It’ll help me keep all my appointments (and my very few socials) in the one place, and I’m less likely to forget any of them.

October bullet journal

Like I said, University is going to be my life for the next month, so I decided that I would expand on my calendar specifically for all my Uni work and deadlines.

To do this, I used these adorable pumpkin date stickers that I got in a Halloween grab bag on Etsy! If you haven’t read my post reviewing this grab bag (featuring loads of adorable Halloween stationery pieces), you can do so here!

All of the other Halloween props and stickers, including the spooky washi tape, also feature in that post. Definitely check it out if you’re interested in getting some for yourself! I love how even though I’ve made my October bullet journal spread fairly basic, it’s still cute and seasonal with all the spooky-themed decorations.

October bullet journal

I’m loving adding brown paper into my journal. I think it’s so cute, and fills up any spaces that just seem boring and empty really well. You could either write an inspirational quote, or like I am doing, use the paper highlight your to-do list for the month.

The final page I used to track all my habits, as I try and do every month. I’ve broke all my courses into their own section so I can keep track of how long I’m spending on each subject, and which ones I need to pay more attention to. I then created a section underneath for all my personal habits, like water my plants, blogging and knitting.

This month I’m going to tally up how many days out of the month I spent doing each “habit”, i.e. studying for each course, or spending time on each hobby. I think I’m going to start setting myself mini goals to try and beat how much time I spend on each one the month before. (I can definitely tell you now that I need to improve on how often I study!)

That’s all I have for my bullet journal this month – again, it’s just short and sweet. I’m learning that over-complicating my journal is pointless, and actually helps me organise myself less. I hope you liked it, and all the spooky, Halloween stickers, too!

What are you most looking forward to this month? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time,

October bullet journal | Pinterest

1. October 3, 2018 / 1:25 pm

Cute! I like the pumpkin stickers. I love October! I usually stay busy with pumpkin patches, hayrides, corn mazes, conferences, and trick or treating!

January 6, 2019 / 10:53 am

I feel like I must be the only person who hasn’t even gone to a pumpkin patch! I’ll have to change that this year 😌

2. October 3, 2018 / 9:01 pm

So cute! I love seeing the way people lay out their bull journals, and I love the little halloween themed stickers you’ve got.

January 6, 2019 / 10:54 am

Thank you! The stickers were adorable, and thankfully I have some left over for this year, too ☺️

3. October 3, 2018 / 9:26 pm

Girl I love your October bullet journal. I love just the little stickers and nick nacks you’ve added. It’s a lot more detailed than mine for sure!

Ellen,

January 6, 2019 / 10:55 am

Thank you, Ellen! I always feel like my bullet journal is nowhere near as detailed as other people’s, and that I am just stretching out a blog post because I like blogging about it. I want to try and up my game before I get back into the bullet journal spreads again ☺️

4. Deb's Decorative Life
    October 3, 2018 / 9:34 pm

I am looking forward to the leaves changing colors. I also can’t wait to wear my fall boots and crunch the leaves as I am walking.

January 6, 2019 / 10:56 am

That was by far my favourite part of autumn! I went out walking and picked up some leaves to dry out, and use for my blog photos ☺️

January 6, 2019 / 11:05 am

5. insidemegansmind
    October 3, 2018 / 11:18 pm

I love those pumpkin date stickers, they are so cute and perfect for October! I love simpler spreads too and I really like this one. Adding the brown paper is such a good idea too, it kind breaks up the white of the paper a little and adds a really cute touch. I love it!

January 6, 2019 / 11:06 am

Tnank you, Megan ☺️ I always get self-conscious of my spreads. I know they’re nowhere near as good as some peoples! I ended up LOVING the brown paper, too!

6. October 4, 2018 / 7:06 pm

Ahhhh! I love it!!!!

January 6, 2019 / 11:06 am

7. October 5, 2018 / 3:00 pm

The stickers are so dang cute! I’m a sucker for everything pumpkin and pumpkin spice. I love the idea of using brown paper to fill some space. It’s super cute!

Alex| californiapollution.com

January 6, 2019 / 11:10 am

Thanks, Alex! I ended up loving the brown paper, and want to work it into my bullet journal some more! The pumpkin stickers were my absolute favourite out of the stationery bundle I bought ☺️

January 6, 2019 / 11:11 am

Thank you, Cora ☺️ yeah, me too! I always get a bit self-conscious that it is too simple, though.

8. October 8, 2018 / 3:43 pm

I think simple works best sometimes! Your journal still looks much better than mine, although I have began adding stickers to some of the pages so I’ve stepped it up slightly 😂 I like the idea of adding the brown paper, it’s definitely something you could do with any colour, too, to liven it up a bit. Thanks for the suggestion!

January 6, 2019 / 11:25 am

I highly doubt that’s the case now! I’ve seen all your handwriting practise and motivational art, and it’s so gorgeous! I have no doubt that your bullet journal is WAY better than mine 😂 ooh, I never thought of using coloured paper as well – I’ll have to get my hands on some! ☺️