September Birchbox

September Birchbox

Hi guys, and welcome back! Today we’ll be reviewing the September Birchbox. First off, my pros and cons with this month’s box. Pros are that the products are great this month and I’m so excited to try every single one of them. However, there are no full-sized products. And while the box design is pretty, a part of me was expecting something more Autumn-y since we’re now stepping into everybody’s favourite season! That last one, however, isn’t a huge deal.

Now, let’s move on to reviewing the products, shall we?

September Birchbox | Marcelle

The first product in the box is the Marcelle City 24h Anti-Pollution Day & Night Moisturising Emulsion. (What a mouthful…) This product is supposed to combat the effects of pollution. Those being dullness, dehydration and irritation. This sounds pretty good to me! Even though I don’t live in the city centre anymore, I think that these things can still effect us, no matter our location.

I love miniatures of skincare products – it’s such a great way to see if something works for you and with your skin type without spending all that money on a full-sized product! I’m looking forward to trying this one out with my current skincare routine.

September Birchbox | Pro Blo Group

The next one is the Pro Blo Group MaskME Hydrating Hair Mask. I think this is going to be great for a pamper night in! You apply this mask to freshly washed hair and leave it for 10 minutes to let it do its magic, before washing it out.

A great, little thing to pop on when you’re fresh out the shower and while you’re working on your skincare routine. It’s supposed to leave your hair strong and shiny, and I can’t wait to use it before I go back to Uni!

September Birchbox | Benefit

Onto the gift we get to pick our shades for every month – the Benefit Box o’ Powder in the colour Gold Rush. I am SO happy to have this product! It’s a lovely pink blush with gold shimmer through it, and it smells divine. Honestly, since receiving my box I have done nothing but smell this blusher. It’s like a mix between sun cream and Paco Rabanne’s Olympea perfume, which is one of my favourite perfumes of all time!

September Birchbox review | Benefit blush in Gold Rush

While it is a sample size, I’ve had a Benefit blusher for years now and I’m still not finished it yet. However, I don’t wear make up every day, so maybe that is something to take into consideration. Their blushes are so pigmented and last a very long time, regardless! I have no doubt that this sample will last me ages.

September Birchbox | Sand & Sky

The second last product is the Sand & Sky Australian Pink Clay Flash Perfection Exfoliating Treatment. When I first opened the box, I got quite excited as I thought this was the infamous Pink Clay Mask sample. Even though it isn’t what I expected, I’m still pleased to receive a product from this brand. I’ve wanted to try out their products since their face mask went viral, but they’re way out my budget at the moment.

This scrub sounds so fresh! This entire sample will definitely be gone within the week.

September Birchbox | NUXE

Lastly, the product I am most excited for… The NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Riche. This is NUXE’s multi-purpose nourishing oil for face, body and hair! I’ve been eyeing up this product for months, but I already have a face serum so kept putting it off. I have never been more excited with a Birchbox product before!

The smell of it reminds me of being in a spa. It smells and feels so luxurious, and I can’t wait to use it all up! I’m already planning a big pamper night for myself, where I can use mostly all the products in this month’s box.

That’s all the products in the September Birchbox! I hope you enjoyed this post.

If you haven’t grabbed yourself one of these boxes yet, you can use my code here to get yourself £5 off your first box! After the great samples I received this month, I’d really recommend it!

What was your favourite product this month? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time,

Other Birchbox Reviews: May | July | August

September Birchbox review | Pinterest

1. September 9, 2018 / 11:08 am

This looks like a great box! Hair masks are amazing! They have really made a difference to my hair

September 24, 2018 / 11:00 am

Thank you, I really enjoyed this one! I need to try out more hair masks, my hair can get so messy and damaged sometimes. Unfortunately there definitely wasn’t enough product in this hair mask sample for my hair (it’s pretty thick and medium-long length) so I can’t comment on how good it actually was!

2. sammyetc
    September 9, 2018 / 12:30 pm

What a great box! NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Rich sounds a amazing 🙂

September 24, 2018 / 12:01 pm

It really is, it smells just like being in a spa!

3. September 9, 2018 / 1:33 pm

I always find these types of boxes interesting I think it’s a great concept to be able to test out different products every month instead of buying a full size product to find that you don’t like it. I really should get myself a subscription for one of these!

September 24, 2018 / 12:02 pm

Me too, I love it! It’s so much fun never knowing what products you’re going to get, either. I get so excited when it comes through the door, I can’t wait to get it every month!

September 24, 2018 / 8:41 pm

Yeah, I definitely don’t think I would buy their full size products unless there was some good discounts or deals on! But the exfoliator is really good, quite harsh though!

September 28, 2018 / 10:41 am

Thank you so much! I’m really trying to work to improve it, so that means so much to me ☺️ I’m really enjoying it! I love being surprised with little gifts each month!

4. September 9, 2018 / 9:13 pm

This looks fab! I got birchbox last year, I might get it again after seeing this
    Leila xo

September 28, 2018 / 10:42 am

Thank you! Aww I’m glad I could convince you, the last few months I’ve had it Birchbox have really been killing it!

5. September 9, 2018 / 9:15 pm

I have been debating whether to try Birchbox, been umming and ahhing for a while. This is a fab post and I may end up using your code when I check my bank!

Lizzie | http://www.lizzieflorence.com

September 28, 2018 / 10:48 am

I was the same, but I just bit the bullet and subscribed and it’s so lovely to receive mystery gifts every month ☺️ aww, thank you, that’s really sweet of you!

6. September 9, 2018 / 9:41 pm

This box looks so cute! I love the colour of the benifit blusher! I like the idea of the “Marcelle City 24h Anti-Pollution Day & Night Moisturising Emulsion” but to be honest I’m little skeptical to wether it actually works.

Molly | http://www.mollyeez.co.uk

October 15, 2018 / 9:34 am

The blusher is SUCH a cute colour, I love it! It smells amazing, too ☺️ yeah, I think things like that are sometimes all talk and no action. If I’m honest, I haven’t even tried it yet 🙈 so I can’t even tell you how it works!

7. September 9, 2018 / 9:44 pm

I’ve been thinking about starting a monthly treat box and this one looks lovey! Thank you for the review x

September 28, 2018 / 10:52 am

I’m really enjoying it, I would recommend it! Thank you for reading ☺️

8. September 9, 2018 / 9:56 pm

Oh wow! I tried Lookfantastic beauty boxes once and now I really miss them.. I wonder if they ship to Italy too 🙂

Love you xx

aishettina.com

October 15, 2018 / 9:35 am

It’s worth looking into to see if they do! I’ve heard of the lookfantastic boxes – I wish I had all the money so I could try out every subscription box out there 🙈

9. September 9, 2018 / 11:01 pm

I have seen a few blogger talk about these birch boxers, honestly didn’t realise how much you got. Plus benefit! Didn’t realise there would be brand like that! Love your review and detail of each product!

Finlay grace x

September 28, 2018 / 10:55 am

There have been so many amazing brands in Birchboxes over the years! Benefit have made an appearance a few times, and they even had a sample of the famous Sand and Sky pink clay mask awhile back! (Sadly I didn’t have a subscription at that point!)

10. September 10, 2018 / 2:02 am

Great review! Love the Benefit blush!
    MissDoll x

October 15, 2018 / 9:35 am

Thank you! The blush is so lovely and subtle, I love it!

September 28, 2018 / 11:00 am

Thank you so much! Me too, I loved using everything in this box (apart from their not being enough product in the hair mask sample to cover all of my hair lol). The oil is AMAZING and would recommend it – it’s not to expensive to buy from NUXE, either, as I was actually eyeing it up before it came in this box! It smells delicious and I feel so adult when I use it 😂