July Birchbox

July Birchbox

Hi lovelies – it’s that time of the month again when I review my Birchbox! This time we’ll be looking at the July Birchbox, which I’m pretty excited for all round.

The container is pretty cute, with pastel pink colours, although I don’t think any box will be able to beat the tin we got last month. The products (except from one) I think are my favourites that I have got so far! We got 3 full sized products this month, and two sample sizes, but for sample sizes we were given a decent amount of each. Let’s have a look at them!

Birchbox skin serum review

First off, I received the Balance Me Congested Skin Serum. I’m currently approaching my time of the month, and I’m breaking out a little bit because of it, so I’m excited to see how this works.

You can either pop on a thin layer under your moisturiser, or dot treat your skin in your spotty areas, and it will soothe and balance your skin. Hopefully it will help with decongesting my pores!

July Birchbox

Next up is the Browcote Waterproof Brow Gel. I’ve never had a brow gel before, but I once got my brows done at a Benefit counter and they used their gel, and my brows were amazing for about 2 days afterwards (I didn’t want to wash my brows off, they were too beautiful – I get that now it was  bit gross).

I haven’t gone back to the counter to repurchase it yet, so I’m really glad that this came in my Birchbox and I’m hoping it will be a similar quality!

July Birchbox blush/bronzer review

Next (with a sneak peak at another product) is the product we got to choose this month – the Manna Kadar Long Wear Powder. I chose the colour Trifecta, which is a warm brown colour. This is a powder that can be used as a blush, or as eyeshadow, but I’m not 100% keen on the colour.

I’m very pale so I don’t think it would work on me as a blush, and it is quite a deep brown. It might be able to work if I can put it on faintly, but like I said, I’m not as keen on the colour as I thought I would be when I saw it online. It’s something I think I would have to try out a few times and see if it would work for me.

acs_0187

This is the Merci Handy Hand Cream. This bottle is super cute! It reminds me of a candy cane, although it is the Cherie Cherry scent (but I still think it should have been peppermint). It’s such a perfect size to pop into your hand bag, whether big or small, and keep your hands soft and smelling great all day.

But it should’ve been peppermint.

acs_0186

The last product I got this month, which you saw a little sneak peak of in one of the earlier photos, is the What’s in it for me…? Shower Scrub. I think this is the product I am most excited for! I love the sound of the ingredients and fragrances in this product – orange, jasmine and sweet almond sounds so gorgeous and appealing!

I also adore the packaging of this product. It’s very simple but so appealing to look at. After the heatwave we’ve experienced, I think I am need of a good exfoliation and pamper night (I don’t cope well with the sun, haha!).

I hope you enjoyed looking at what I got in this month’s Birchbox. What was your favourite product? What did you get in your Birchbox this month?

Let me know in the comments, and have a lovely day!

img_3407

Previous boxes: June Birchbox | May Birchbox

July 13, 2018 / 12:56 pm

July 13, 2018 / 1:06 pm

Thank you! I’m so excited to use it before I go on holiday, and the size is pretty decent, too!

1. eviebraithwaite
    July 12, 2018 / 12:04 pm

I been debating subscribing to Birchbox for ages, they send out some lovely products! The body scrub sounds like it will smell amazing. I’m also on the hunt for some new face care products, so I hope the skin serum works well! Thanks for sharing x

Evie x | https://eviejayne.co.uk

July 13, 2018 / 1:14 pm

It’s worth trying out, and if you’re not happy you can just cancel the subscription, there is no set term for subscribing! So far, I’ve loved most of what I’ve got, and can work with the ones I’m not too keen on. Thanks, me too! ☺️

2. July 12, 2018 / 2:45 pm

The Balance Me Congested Skin Serum sounds like such a great product to have – especially when breaking out on the days leading up to the time of the month. I love how small the products are though, so easy to just toss in if you’re traveling! I would have thought that Merci Handy Hand Cream would be peppermint – what a missed opportunity!

Sahara

July 13, 2018 / 1:17 pm

It does, I’m really hoping it will work well because I need that little bit extra help with my skin at the moment! Definitely – I’m going to make good use of them when I go on holiday in a few weeks ☺️ I know, right??

3. July 12, 2018 / 3:31 pm

I recently just got my Birchbox and I always like to see what products other people get! I got the congested skin serum which I’ve really enjoyed, the scrub and the blush! With a few different products as well! The brow brow gel looks really great! Lovely post x

July 13, 2018 / 1:47 pm

Ooh, I’d love to see what other products you got that I didn’t! It does, I’m really excited to see how well it works!

4. July 12, 2018 / 3:51 pm

I love Birchbox, but sometimes I get frustrated with their hand cream habits.
    I have a bronzer/highlighter from Mannakadar and they are super pigmented, tread lightly!

Tried a lot of BalanceMe products and was never disappointed 🙂

July 13, 2018 / 1:51 pm

Thankfully I’ve only received one from them so far, but I have so many other ones I’ve bought that I really hope they don’t send me anymore 😂 thank you for the tip! I hope I can make use of this, even as a contour if it’s too dark for blush! Ahhh nice, I’m excited to try their serum then ☺️

July 13, 2018 / 1:52 pm

Thank you! I love getting these, it’s so lovely to receive some surprise products every month!

• July 13, 2018 / 10:00 pm

Definitely! And I discover new products that way that I never would have considered before!

5. July 12, 2018 / 9:37 pm

Love a good beauty post and this was a really interesting read. Thanks for sharing Beka 🙂

July 13, 2018 / 1:57 pm

Thank you for reading! 💖

6. julietlylillyrose
    July 13, 2018 / 12:06 am

The water proof brow gel sounds perfect for a pool or beach day! And I totally want to try that congested skin serum!

July 13, 2018 / 1:58 pm

I never even thought about using it on a pool day – I’m definitely taking it on holiday with me, then!

July 13, 2018 / 1:46 pm

I’m pretty sure you did, haha 😂 but thanks for commenting again, Cora! It really does!

7. Lena Dee
    July 13, 2018 / 2:49 pm

I’ve been considering subscribing to one of the popular subscription boxes recently, it seems like a lot of fun trying a bunch of random and new products to see if it’s worth the hype. I’ve been seeing a lot Birchbox reviews so they’re at the top of my list. The Balance Me serum sounds pretty interesting esp for around that time of the month cause I break out then too. The cream also sounds pretty nice too! Thanks for sharing!

xx Lena | https://lenadeexo.com

July 15, 2018 / 11:08 am

That’s what I was thinking, so I started subscribing to Birchbox a few months ago and I’m loving it! It’s so sweet to have some surprise products come through your letterbox every month, and so far nothing has disappointed me too much (still haven’t tried the bronzer/blush in this box yet, I’m a bit wary). The majority of the products though, I have loved, and some I have finished already! Thanks for reading, Lena 💖

8. July 13, 2018 / 4:01 pm

I really want to start using Birchbox! I’ve just followed, I would love if you could follow back ‪https://fakenervouslaughter.wordpress.com x

July 15, 2018 / 11:08 am

You should, I’ve really enjoyed it so far! Aww thanks gal, I’ll come check your blog out 💖

9. July 13, 2018 / 5:46 pm

The Balance Me Congested Skin Serum looks really interesting! I’m having issues with clogged pores at the minute, so might have to check that out. Great post. 😊

July 15, 2018 / 11:10 am

I popped it on yesterday, and it smells so good! Hopefully the more I use it, it will start taking effect soon! Thanks ☺️

10. July 13, 2018 / 6:54 pm

Fab post! I just ended my Birchbox subscription so it’s always fun to see what’s in the boxes! I love Balance Me but have never heard of any of the other brands. Have fun with your products!!

Lots of love,

Molly xo

July 15, 2018 / 11:11 am

Thank you! 💖 Yeah, I think I will miss it and be quite nosey when I end mine, too! The skin serum from Balance Me smells so good, I’m loving it. Thank you, Molly!

11. geniussr
    July 14, 2018 / 4:37 am

I have heard a lot about Birchbox monthly subscription box…it seems like they send some good products which I think worth trying…thank for sharing…❤️

July 15, 2018 / 11:13 am

I’ve enjoyed mostly every product I have got from Birchbox so far! Thank you for reading 💖

12. July 14, 2018 / 5:18 am

I really love how the Birchbox looks this month. I’ve never had browgel before but this is perfect for pool parties and such! The hand cream looks so cute! Glad it gave a nice smell XD. Oh man, new shower scrubs are the best! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

July 15, 2018 / 11:14 am

Thank you! I’m quite excited for the brow gel and scrub in particular – I can’t wait to try them out!

13. July 14, 2018 / 8:23 pm

I love reading (watching) unboxing posts, for some reason these are very satisfying to me. What a shame I was never brave enough to actually buy any box for myself!
    From all these products I am most intrigued by the brow gel – never used one before and I wonder what effect it has.
    Dorota

July 15, 2018 / 11:15 am

Me too! I love watching people unbox clothing hauls, etc – I haven’t seen many Birchbox videos around though, but I love reading blogs on them. You still have time if subscription boxes are still something that interests you – sometimes it’s cool even just to try it out once and cancel your subscription!

I’m really excited for the brow gel as well, I’m hoping it will actually keep my make-up on for longer ☺️

14. July 15, 2018 / 10:34 am

I’ve not heard of any of these, but the colour of the box is beautiful love the marble!! Excited to hear how the eyebrow gel works out for you

Kate xx

July 15, 2018 / 8:52 pm

I’ve heard of Balance Me before, but the other brands are new to me, too! Thanks ☺️