July Bullet Journal Set-Up

July Bullet Journal Set-Up

Hi guys, and welcome back to another bullet journal blog! Today I’ll be talking you through my spread for July.

I’m always trying new things with my bullet journal as I haven’t found my “style” yet, and I decided to try be more creative and add picture clippings, and drawings. It still feels a bit off to me, but that is because it’s still quite bare and I do have the rest of the month to add to it.

Every month, I also take a lot of inspiration from other bullet journals that I see on Pinterest. If you want to check out my Pinterest, or my bullet journal board that I take my inspo from, you can do so here!

July bullet journal set-up

Moving onto my spread, here is the main page! I decided to dedicate a full two page spread to a calendar for the entire month. I created a colour coded key at the side, so I can easily differentiate between different types of activities. I think I quite like that, and might do it again next month, but change up how I design around it!

I saw a cute sunflower like this one on Pinterest and thought that I’d love to try and recreate it, especially since it is so sunny and beautiful right now in the UK. I added in some leaves as well (which I’m not too happy with, but they’re still kinda cute) and a clipping from a magazine that I found to tie in with the sunflower theme.

July bullet journal set-up

The next double page spread is a bit more simplistic, and I like it A LOT. I popped in another cute clipping I liked of some herbs in the corner, too. I especially like what I did with the titles, with the highlighter colours and black pen as a shadow. I was experimenting a little bit and it ended up turning out really nice!

The first page is a little to do list for the month for some of the bigger chores and projects that I have to do. I also have some blogging goals written down (I haven’t got around to adding in my personal ones, yet) and a note of the blog posts I will be posting/want to write this month.

My favourite page is the habit tracker. I took inspiration again from Pinterest, and I’m loving this way more than previous habit trackers I have drawn up. I have left myself with 3 blank habits to fill in during the month if I think of something, or start something new.

Having something pretty to track my habits every day isย such an amazing way to motivate myself to actually do these things! I never thought it would help me, but since I’ve started using them, I am finding them so beneficial.

July bullet journal set-up

Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you had a lovely time looking through my bullet journal for this month! If you’re looking for some inspiration, have a look at my bullet journal board on Pinterest as there are some amazing artworks and layouts on there!

Do you have any bullet journal tips for me for next month?

My previous bullet journal spreads:
April | June

1. ruthinrevolt
    July 8, 2018 / 9:23 am

This looks so pretty!! I love the sunflowers. My bullet journal is just a mess, but I’ve put some stickers in there to make myself feel better. ๐Ÿ˜‚

July 12, 2018 / 2:48 pm

Stickers are always a great way to fill up space and make it more pretty, too ๐Ÿ˜‚ I totally didn’t think about stickers this month – I need to fish mine out and do some decorating!

2. July 8, 2018 / 11:35 am

Iโ€™ve always seen different peoples bullet journals and they all look (including yours) really pretty and so creative but I just canโ€™t draw! Wish I could, yours looks great might have to try and give one a go again! Xx

July 12, 2018 / 2:50 pm

Thank you, that is so sweet of you to say! I can’t draw either and I’m trying to teach myself, so I can make pretty art and make my bullet journal a beautiful place, too. You need to give it a go and just do you, because whatever it looks like, it’s your creative space and nobody else’s! It’s so hard to be distracted by how good other people’s journals are, sometimes.

3. July 8, 2018 / 12:16 pm

Hey Beka, thanks for sharing this. It actually gave me some inspiration for my own (empty) bullet journal.
    You are good at drawing!

July 12, 2018 / 3:07 pm

I’m so happy it did! I hope once you get into the swing of things, you might share some of your bullet journal layouts with us, too! Thank you, I’m trying to learn how to so that means a lot โ˜บ๏ธ

4. onelostcoin
    July 8, 2018 / 2:39 pm

I love this! Iโ€™ve read a lot about bullet journaling, yours is making me really want to try it!

July 12, 2018 / 3:11 pm

Thank you! I’m glad I could inspire you to possibly start your own – it’s so fun and relaxing to sit and plan your month ahead, I would really recommend it!

5. mkvadnais
    July 8, 2018 / 4:46 pm

Great ideas! Love your blog.

July 12, 2018 / 3:12 pm

Thank you, that’s so kind of you!

6. candohannitude
    July 8, 2018 / 4:48 pm

This has got to be the most adorable, artistic, and creative thing Iโ€™ve ever seen. Youโ€™re a natural artist! I love your content for your bullet journal as well.

July 12, 2018 / 3:12 pm

Awww, thank you! That’s so sweet of you to say! I really wouldn’t peg myself as being very good at art at all, but I’m trying to get better at it, so I really appreciate your words ๐Ÿ’–

7. July 8, 2018 / 5:01 pm

This is so gorgeous Beka! I started a bullet journal last year but never kept up with it (I lost all my motivation with my depression diagnosis). I love that you’ve put in a really summery theme with the use of the yellow!

I’d love some more tips on bullet journalling if you ever get round to writing a post on that!

Lots of love,
    Molly xo

July 12, 2018 / 3:19 pm

Thank you, Molly! I hope you are feeling more motivated now. I know it can be tough, but sometimes I use my bullet journal as a normal diary when I’m having my low depression moments, and it can really help (I know it sounds silly and it’s said a lot, but it’s so true!!) to write it out and just get it off of your shoulders. Sometimes I find my writing my thoughts down, I can actually talk myself through how I’m feeling from a different perspective, and it helps clear my head over the following days.

You should get back into it and see if you can use it to help you with your depression in a way that works for you, too. Definitely! Let me know if you want to see anything in particular and I’ll write up a post about it ๐Ÿ’–

8. July 8, 2018 / 6:06 pm

Oooh I love the way you did your bullet journal! At the moment mine just looks like a fancier version of a to-do list… I’d love to do more illustrations on it!

I’ve never thought of a habit tracker before! How does it work? Do you just tick it off once you’ve pinned something/watered your plants?

July 12, 2018 / 3:25 pm

Thank you! That is what mine has been like before, but I’m also trying to jazz it up a little and fill in the gaps with pretty pictures or drawings.

Yes! I put a little diagonal line through my boxes so show that I’ve done it that day. It’s more motivational that I thought it would be, as it looks pleasing to see that every day has their line through it. (It’s also a bit gutting when you miss a day, too, so it spurs you on to actually do it!)

9. July 8, 2018 / 6:18 pm

Beka this is awesome! I especially love the way you’ve decorated your journal. These are becoming so popular lately because they work so well for people, and I really want to get on board with this! It’s a great way to remind yourself of daily “chores” and keep yourself accountable. Loved this post!

July 12, 2018 / 3:29 pm

Thank you, Kayla! I’m trying to be a bit more creative, so thank you for saying that you like it โ˜บ๏ธ they really are, and I can see why, I am really loving mine!

10. July 8, 2018 / 7:20 pm

Your bullet journal looks beautiful, I’ve always wanted to try one of these and now I’m really inspired! I looks like it takes a lot of artistic skill ๐Ÿ™‚

Elle x

July 12, 2018 / 3:39 pm

Thank you, Elle! I’m glad I could inspire you, and you should definitely start one โ˜บ๏ธ it really doesn’t at all. I’m not very artistic myself, and this month was actually the first one that I started trying to incorporate drawings into my work. You should check out some bullet journals on Pinterest or YouTube if you need inspiration to start – that’s what I do.

But in the end, it’s all down to what works for you and what you want to put in your journal. It doesn’t have to be artsy at all, it could just be a journal/calender/place when you write down your thoughts or shopping lists, etc. Make it your own!

11. July 8, 2018 / 7:27 pm

That looks so good, I’ve seen a lot of bullet journals on pinterest but I’m not sure I’d have the patience to do it! I do have a scrapbook though which I’m really into!

thefashionfemme.blogspot.com Xx

July 12, 2018 / 3:40 pm

Thank you! I’d say a bullet journal is pretty much the same thing as a scrapbook, except instead of having photos, you have to lists and calendars and little notes to yourself. You can put as much or as little effort into it as suits you – I really love having one!

12. July 8, 2018 / 8:03 pm

I love the sunflower underneath the monthly spread! It’s so cute and so apt for the weather right now

Cordelia || cordeliamoor.squarespace.com

July 12, 2018 / 3:44 pm

Thank you! I thought it was super cute, too – not sure if I’m so keen on the leaves, though!

13. July 8, 2018 / 8:37 pm

Such a pretty layout! Really love the two page calendar spread! X

July 12, 2018 / 3:45 pm

Thank you! It was the first time I tried that, but I think it’s super cute, and I love the space it gives me to write in each box, now!

14. July 8, 2018 / 8:47 pm

I loved this post! Pinterest is such an amazing source when it comes to bullet journalling ideas and inspiration. I really like your habit tracker! Mine tends to get a little bit confusing at times so I really like this cleaner arrangement. Thanks for sharing!

July 12, 2018 / 8:18 pm

Thank you! It really is, I think all my inspiration comes from there these days. Ah, thank you โ˜บ๏ธ

15. July 8, 2018 / 8:49 pm

Your bullet journal is SO CUTE!! Great idea, thanks for sharing. ๐Ÿ™‚

July 12, 2018 / 8:25 pm

Thank you! ๐Ÿ’–

16. jazziepickles
    July 8, 2018 / 8:53 pm

Your Bullet Journal is so pretty! I couldn’t get in the habit of sticking to mine when I tried it out. Love the pretty designs on yours x

July 12, 2018 / 8:25 pm

Thank you โ˜บ๏ธ I understand that, sometimes it’s hard for me to stick to certain things in it, but I’ve found a habit tracker has really helped me pick it up every day! Thanks so much ๐Ÿ’–

17. July 8, 2018 / 9:11 pm

I really love the creativity in your July spread. The colors, the clips, the giant sunflower, I love it!! ๐Ÿ™‚

July 12, 2018 / 8:26 pm

Thank you, I’m really trying with the detail this month! ๐Ÿ’–

18. July 8, 2018 / 9:21 pm

love this post, I keep thinking I should start bullet journaling but I just never start!

abbiejadewanders.co.uk

July 12, 2018 / 9:33 pm

I’d really recommend it, it’s helped me in little ways and I love it!

19. July 9, 2018 / 4:36 am

I LOVE your bullet journal setup for the month! Love that you kept it simple and still logged the important things. Oh man, I am pretty bad with the habits tracker! Keep it up with the bullet journaling!

Nancy โ™ฅ exquisitely.me

July 12, 2018 / 9:34 pm

Thank you, Nancy, you’re always so sweet! ๐Ÿ’– Thank you – I try not to overcomplicate things, it is a journal for me and nobody else, after all! I’ve currently not crossed off any days for the gym so far this month ๐Ÿ™ˆ

20. July 9, 2018 / 6:14 pm

Hi! Your bullet journal looks great. I think the sunflower drawing always looks so much like summer, doesn’t it? I also like the tracker – it seems it’s easy to keep up with the tasks that way.
    Dorota

July 12, 2018 / 9:44 pm

Thank you! Yes, it really does, I thought it would be perfect for July! I’m loving the tracker being set up like this – it’s so simple and easy to use!

July 12, 2018 / 9:50 pm

Thank you! I like the Moleskine notebooks – they are very popular for bullet journalling, and very soft and cute, too. I’d recommend looking into those!

21. Lena Dee
    July 10, 2018 / 4:50 pm

I love bullet journals and the free flow of creativity that stems from it. I had one back at uni and it was so much fun creating and designing things as I went along. Yours is so pretty and bright! I love sunflowers too! And what a great way to keep track of your blog goals ๐Ÿ˜ <3

xx Lena | https://lenadeexo.com

July 12, 2018 / 10:17 pm

Thank you, Lena! I’m loving my bullet journal at the moment. It’s great for keeping track of blogging and my studying when I’m in term, instead of having to use my brain to keep on top of everything ๐Ÿ™ˆ I still have a way to go for my blog goals yet, but hopefully I’d be able to reach them by the end of the month! ๐Ÿ’–

22. July 11, 2018 / 11:31 am

This is GORGEOUS! I’m gonna try and get back into bujo-ing for August, buying a new journal and everything! Very excited to get back into it and will 100% use this as inspo!

July 13, 2018 / 12:56 pm

Thank you! You definitely should, there is nothing more motivating than buying a new journal to write in, too! Aww, thank you ๐Ÿ’–

23. July 12, 2018 / 12:27 am

Great advice on how to set up a bullet journal. I want to set up one but get so busy. This is motivating me to do it!

Allie of ALLIENYC

July 13, 2018 / 1:03 pm

I’m so glad I could inspire you to make one! It really helps keep track during the busier times!

July 13, 2018 / 1:07 pm

Thank you, Cora! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

24. July 13, 2018 / 9:52 pm

Thank you for the inspiration! I need to edit my journal a bit. Yours is great ๐Ÿ™‚

July 15, 2018 / 11:12 am

25. July 20, 2018 / 4:38 pm

Hey girl!! Thought I would repay the blogger love with a few comments on your posts! <3 I really love the idea of doing a bullet journal but I feel as if it will maybe take up too much of my time, correct me if I'm wrong haha! This was such a great post, can't wait for next month's post! xx

August 7, 2018 / 5:50 pm

You’re so sweet ๐Ÿ’— I’m going to be returning all the loves all over your blog once I’m done replying to these comments (also, sorry I took so long!!)

It takes up as much time as you want it, too! I sometimes I just use it to write simple bullet points of what I need to do that day, if it’s a particularly busy one. And I take like, an hour of of my day at the end of every month to create a spread like this so I can plan the next month ahead in a more pretty way! You make it what you want/need it to be, and you don’t need to follow the rules that everybody else makes for themselves โ˜บ๏ธ thank you!