Festival Beauty Essentials | Collab with Emma

Festival Beauty Essentials | Collab with Emma

Hello lovelies, today I’m collaborating with Emma from Out of the Dark and Into the Beauty. We’ll be writing about our top festival beauty essentials – you can check out Emma’s blog post here. She’s such a lovely girl and I’m so excited to be collab-ing with her!

Firstly, and I think this is mostly everybody’s festival staple, is glitter. I feel like even though glitter is such a popular make-up choice anyway, for a glam night out or just when you want to spice up your look, its popularity explodes around the summer/fesitval season. Eyes, lips, cheeks, hair, temples – glitter can and will be found everywhere!

Festival 3

The beauty of it is that there is so much you can do with it, and so many colours and consistencies to choose from. From chunky glitter to fine, and bold greens and purples, to simple whites and golds, there is something for everyone. I have a few glitters so far and I’m sure I’ll keep adding to the collection!

Festival beauty essentials | matte liquid lipsticls

Next up – BB cream! Some people will be happy putting on a full face of make-up, and that’s great, but for me I love to keep things simple. It means less time applying my make-up, but also less time taking it off at night! There’s no thick, heavy duty foundation, and if I’m honest, it will probably be rained off within hours, anyway.

Sticking with BB cream is a great way to give you that even look without making too much effort. And it can be easily jazzed up with that glitter! The less make-up you bring over all, the more room you have in your suitcase. But obviously bring enough essentials to make yourself feel festival ready!

If you don’t feel like bringing make up, or you are just sticking with BB cream, but still want to seem a bit more put together, what about fake tanning before you go? Even if it ends up being bad weather (aka classic festival weather in the UK) you will still be tanned to the nines and look summery. And it means that you could forgo make up all together if you choose to!

Festival beauty essentials | dry shampoo

Another staple is dry shampoo. I don’t know about you, but washing my hair at a festival seems like a right faff. Personally, I can go quite a few days without the need to wash my hair which works in my favour. But, just to give it that bit of oomph and life, a spritz of dry shampoo at the start of the day helps a lot!

Moving on to a couple of other sprays – setting spray and hair spray. If you do decide to bring make up with you, setting spray will be your holy grail, especially if you don’t plan to return to the campsite until late at night, or you are only going to a festival on a day ticket and won’t be bringing your make up bag with you to top up. Hair spray will do the same but for your hair, keeping you looking on point for the entire day!

Festival beauty essentials | Andrex wipes

Face wipes, baby wipes, all the wipes! Things are gonna get muddy and messy and sticky, and the best way to combat that is stocking up on a load of wipes. Some to be for taking your make-up off at the end of an evening, and others just for general clean up, or even going to the bathroom (those cubicles are NOT cute!). Need a bit of a freshen up but it doesn’t warrant a shower? More wipes!

Another make up staple – matte liquid lips. With the amount of water (*cough* booze) and food you’ll be consuming during the day, you don’t want your lipstick to smudge, so finding a good liquid lip that won’t rub off so easily will be a lifesaver. My favourite right now is the Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint – it really doesn’t budge! You can read my thoughts on it over here.

Festival beauty essentials | face masks

The last two items are optionally, really, but personally I’d be taking some bright nail polish and a sheet face mask with me. Both of these can either be done before you go as a little pre-festival pamper with your friends or by yourself, or they can be something to take with you so you and your pals can have a little pamper one night and look after yourselves and your skin while you’re away from home. And the next day you will wake up feeling fresh and beautiful, and ready to start another day of partying and having fun!

I hope you guys enjoyed reading my post, and you should definitely head over to Emma’s blog at www.outofthedarkandintothebeauty.wordpress.com and read all of her festival essentials, too!

Do you have any festival essentials that I haven’t mentioned here? Let me know what it is in the comments!

x

July 5, 2018 / 9:04 am

Exactly! And the moisturising sheet face combats the harshness of the wipes, too ☺️

1. eviebraithwaite
    July 4, 2018 / 8:10 pm

Loved this! I need to invest in a good BB cream, I find foundation to be way too heavy when I’m dancing around all day. Glitter is always a must! X

Evie x | https://eviejayne.co.uk

July 5, 2018 / 9:05 am

Me too, and since it’s a lot brighter and sunnier now as well, I feel so trapped underneath my foundation! BB cream is a saviour during the summer as well as festivals! X

2. July 4, 2018 / 8:20 pm

I love festival season. I never actually properly prepare to it. I also love to keep it simple with makeup as I know that I’m going to be walking and dancing the whole time. x

Antonia || Sweet Passions

July 5, 2018 / 9:06 am

I loooove the organising beforehand that comes with a festival or holiday – I live for lists and crossing stuff off of them πŸ˜‚ I think when you’re partying and everyone else is in the same boat, simplicity is key!

3. July 4, 2018 / 9:58 pm

Definitely agree with dry shampoo and wipes! Basics like this are so essential πŸ’•

July 5, 2018 / 9:06 am

I think they’re just essential to every day life, tbh πŸ˜‚

4. July 5, 2018 / 11:46 am

Wipes are a must at a festival definitely and if you can learn to French plait you hair before you go as it’s a winner. You can plait you hair one day and then the next it’s curly

Kate xx

July 5, 2018 / 7:18 pm

I didn’t even think about French plaits, but that is definitely the holy grail of festivals. I usually do them when my hair starts getting to that “needs a wash” phase, but I’m feeling a bit lazy, though πŸ˜‚

5. July 5, 2018 / 5:32 pm

Wipes and dry shampoo are an absolute must. I can’t imagine attempting to wash my hair at a festival! Suncream is another essential! I came back from Glastonbury with the worst sun burn on my scalp of all places a few years ago (so maybe a hat too…) x

Sophie

July 5, 2018 / 7:19 pm

Honestly, I am in awe of people to brave a hair wash. I’d rather just have my hair tied up until I got home and dealt with it then. I’m so lazy πŸ˜‚ I completely forgot about suncream – I’m so glad Emma covered it in her post! Ouch 😣 x

6. July 5, 2018 / 5:36 pm

Dry shampoo is my most essential item, hehe πŸ˜€

July 5, 2018 / 7:30 pm

Definitely! For festivals, or just general life 😜

7. July 5, 2018 / 5:43 pm

YES to wipes, wipes and more wipes, I haven’t been to a festival in years and still shudder at the memory of how dirty I got haha! Great essentials, thanks for sharing!
    Sophie – https://sophiehearts.net x

July 5, 2018 / 7:42 pm

Haha I feel you! Even in one day you can absolutely covered, let alone staying for the whole weekend! πŸ™ˆ

8. July 5, 2018 / 6:26 pm

Loved this post Beka! Yay for all the glitter! Face wipes are definitely an essential, those festival loos are not nice! Also dry shampoo is a fab idea! Great post lovely! Which festivals are you going to this summer? I hope you have an amazing time! πŸ’– xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

July 5, 2018 / 7:49 pm

Thank you, Bexa! Sadly I’m not going to any this year – I was hoping Reading/Leeds would be on the cards, but the stars just aren’t aligning for me this summer πŸ˜‚ hopefully next year, though! Are you going to any this year?

• July 5, 2018 / 8:17 pm

Aww that’s a shame, maybe next year! ☺️ I have my eye on a yoga festival near me, I’ve never been to anything like that before so would like to see what it’s like 😍 xx

July 5, 2018 / 8:39 pm

Oooh, a yoga festival? I’ve never heard of one being done before, but my mum has gone to a yoga retreat with her friend before and it sounded amazing! I hope you do get to go, and that you have an amazing time πŸ’– xx

July 5, 2018 / 8:02 pm

I agree! Thank you ☺️

9. July 5, 2018 / 8:05 pm

I’m not planning on going to a festival because I don’t really like crowds ahaha however wipes are definitely a good idea, I’ve always got some in my bag cause I’m spilling stuff on myself on nights out. I’m obsessed with glitter too, usually in bright pink!

thefashionfemme.blogspot.co.uk Xx

July 5, 2018 / 8:41 pm

Wipes are a definitely essential, especially on a night out. And bright pink glitter is gorgeous for when you want to dress up fancy on a night out! I haven’t wore glitter in awhile, and since I recently bought some new ones I have to organise another night out so I can use them! πŸ˜‚

July 5, 2018 / 8:48 pm

For sure! Nothing like bright colours to match your outfits! ☺️

10. July 6, 2018 / 2:15 am

I’ve seen so many youtube tutorials of festival makeup looks and of course the main thing in each is glitter, especially for eye makeup! Eye makeup becomes an art for festivals!

I have been meaning to give BB cream a try, just have to find the right tint one for me & brand!

I actually don’t own a setting spray (probably makeup 101 haha) but I’ve been thinking of getting either Makeup Revolution one or Urban Decay!

Loved reading this post!

Sahara

July 11, 2018 / 12:50 pm

I’m not very good at eye make-up, I’m pretty basic with mine, but when the glitter comes out I feel so much more glam! It’s definitely a route to go down whether you’re good at make-up or not!

I struggle to find a good brand/colour for me too when it comes to BB cream, there is never as much of a range as their is for foundation and I can never find one light enough for my skin! It’s so difficult sometimes.

11. July 6, 2018 / 5:41 am

LOVE these essentials you’ve picked out. BB cream is so important – I didn’t get into it until recently and it is a BIG game changer! You just need to find something that suits your skin. Oh man, I keep all sorts of wipes with me at all times. We need to freshen up and like you said, it’s not like we have a shower everywhere. Face masks are great~ I need to use them more often!

Thanks for sharing these essentials!

Nancy β™₯ exquisitely.me

July 11, 2018 / 1:03 pm

At the moment, foundation just seems way too heavy for me and I’d prefer a lighter and sheerer look – my high school self would be disgusted! πŸ˜‚ Tissues and wipes are definitely just a normal handbag essential for me!

Thank you for reading, Nancy, and for your lovely comment! πŸ’–

12. geniussr
    July 6, 2018 / 6:36 am

I always love the idea to collaborate with other bloggers and support each other…I like washlets and Garnier tissue masks.. so travel friendly..❀️

July 11, 2018 / 6:57 pm

Me too, I love working with other bloggers! Tissue masks are so handy to have, it saves so much room when packing!

July 11, 2018 / 6:58 pm

It really is! That’s awesome, I’m going to go check it out ☺️ thank you for reading!

July 12, 2018 / 2:47 pm

Thank you! I think they are such good essentials to have with you when you’re travelling anywhere, really ☺️

13. July 8, 2018 / 4:57 pm

Fab post as always lovely! I agree with the glitter! Everyone needs a good full face of glitter for a festival. I also think face wipes are a must have, they’re quick and simple and take care of every mess!! Apart from beauty, a good pair of wellies and a raincoat would be on my list!

Lots of love,
    Molly xo

July 12, 2018 / 3:13 pm

Thank you, Molly πŸ’– yes, definitely a raincoat and wellies (preferably not good/expensive ones, haha πŸ˜‚). Writing this post really makes me wish I was going to a festival this year – I’m just going to have to find another excuse to glitter up!

14. July 9, 2018 / 4:17 pm

These are some of the most useful things yet I forgot them every time πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ great post x

July 12, 2018 / 9:41 pm

Haha, it’s easier to think of things when you’re not in a rush and you have the time. I always end up forgetting something when I’m packing to go anywhere, because I always leave it to the last minute πŸ˜‚

15. July 13, 2018 / 2:17 pm

Baby wipes are ESSENTIAL in festivals lol
    I haven’t read Emma’s part yet, but I’d say that I usually take a face mist with me when I go to a concert or festival.

July 15, 2018 / 11:05 am

I never thought about taking a face mist – that sounds quite refreshing though, good idea!