Why You Should Visit Ireland | Guest Post

Why You Should Visit Ireland | Guest Post

A huge, huge thank you to Beka for allowing me this opportunity of guest posting on her blog! Today I am going to give you a small taste of Ireland. No! I don’t mean a pint of Guinness, I mean a taste of Ireland’s culture, scenery, food, history and the people of this beautiful country.

Culture

Ireland is a country full of culture from our traditional music, dance and sport.

Music

Ireland is well known for its traditional Irish music and instruments such as the fiddle, and the bodhran and many musicians such as Christy Moore. Even though I’m not a huge lover of traditional music there is something inside of me that just wants to dance when it begins to play! It’s just so joyful and you honestly can’t help yourself but move that body of yours to the jig.

Dance

Irish dancing is world renowned due to the touring of the river dance. I’m no pro at this sort of dance or any type of dancing for that matter, but let’s not get into my awkward body jerking and hip movements!

There is something magical with watching Irish dancing. It’s hypnotising to watch and a lot of hard work to do! In school we had lessons in Irish dancing and had to hold hands with boys when cooties were still a thing! I know horrible right?! After minutes of nose scrunching in disgust and awkward giggling the dancing soon began!

If you’re visiting Ireland you won’t see much Irish dancing, but if you go to a pub during the night I’m sure there will be a few shows of drunk men and women who believe they are pros!

Sport

Now my favourite part of the Irish culture is our sport! Gaelic football and camogie (for women) or hurling (for men). These sports are quire confusing for some people to wrap their heads around but if I had to try and explain. It’s like a mixture of football and basketball. It’s really fun to play. Camogie has always been the sport I have been the best at.Β I started playing from a young age. Maybe it was because I had a stick and could “accidentally” hit someone in the shin.

Why you should visit Ireland

Croke Park is our best stadium in the country and the gaelic teams who play are very honoured to play on this pitch in a stadium that seats over 80,000 people. The atmosphere there is amazing.

Natural Beauty

Ireland has so much natural beauty throughout the country. There are so many places to see for example the Giant’s Causeway or the Marble Arches and the Burren. It is so peaceful just standing or sitting in nature having time to yourself, taking beautiful photography to preserve the memory of your visit. Ireland is so green and beautiful.

Food

Food is a huge part of Ireland. We love our food. Food glorious food! Irish people also love comfort food, for example Irish stew. This is the most amazing comfort food you could have. It warms you up inside and it’s just lovely. You have to go to a traditional Irish pub and have some Irish pub grub to get a proper taste of Ireland!

People

The people in Ireland are very welcoming apart from the odd c*nt you meet here and there, but for the most part you will meet lovely people who are very helpful and kind. Be kind to them and they’ll be kind back. In the country, compared to the city, people smile and say hello to everyone they meet which was a lot different from when I lived in Dublin, where everyone walks with their head down or has earphones in ignoring the world.

History

Lastly, Ireland is saturated with history. If you are a lover of history you would love Ireland and all the history that is here from Wolfe Tone and the Irish revolution, to the Magdalene Laundries where pregnant women were sent if they had a child out of wedlock, the 1916 rising, the War of Independence and the Irish Civil War, and so, so, so much more!

Why you should visit

These are reason why I believe people should visit my beautiful country. Again, a huge, huge thank you to Beka for allowing me to post here! You can find me at foreverthewanderer.ie/wp

My social media links are:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/loveroftravel12/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/foreverthewanderer/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ie/foreverthewanderer/pins/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/foreverwander12

Hi lovelies, Beka here! I want to say a big thank you to Anne for guest posting on my blog today – remember to show her some love, comment on this post, and check out her social media links!

We’ve collaborated together to write about why we each think you should visit our home countries, and you can read my reasons why I think you should visit Scotland over on her blog, here.

x

1. June 27, 2018 / 1:09 pm

I loved reading this Anne! I went to Dublin for my 30th birthday and only really experienced the Guinness and Irish music πŸ˜‚. It was fantastic though and would love to go back and explore more! It’s such a beautiful place 😍. Thank you for sharing Beka πŸ’– xx

June 27, 2018 / 1:39 pm

I’ve yet to visit Ireland, but I’m sure my boyfriend will be thrilled to go with me, and after reading this I really want to go now! Thank you for taking out the time to read this, Bexa πŸ’– xx

2. June 27, 2018 / 6:43 pm

Ah I’ve always wanted to go to Ireland! I have friends over there but have never been! The scenery looks so pretty and the people seem really friendly. This post has made me want to visit even more! Thanks for sharing Anne and Beka!

Lots of love,
    Molly xo

June 28, 2018 / 11:58 am

Thank you for reading, Molly ☺️ I’ve never been either but I really want to go now, too!

3. June 27, 2018 / 6:56 pm

So far, Dublin has been my favourite city in Europe to visit. The night light was fun and entertaining. So much to do during the day. Beautiful cathedrals too. Great post and beautiful looking blog.

Damo, https://www.the-true-me.co.uk

June 28, 2018 / 11:59 am

I’ll really have to go soon, I feel like I’m missing out now! Thank you, Damo ☺️

4. June 27, 2018 / 9:02 pm

Wonderful post! Traveling Internationally is definitely something that I’ve been wanting to do forever. One day! Ireland was already on my list, but even more so now. (:

June 28, 2018 / 12:00 pm

Thank you! πŸ’–

5. jazziepickles
    June 27, 2018 / 10:30 pm

I’ve wanted to visit Ireland for the longest time, these look like great things to do if I ever go x

June 28, 2018 / 12:00 pm

Me too! I think it’ll be next on my list! x

6. Stephanie Jay
    June 28, 2018 / 12:01 am

This was such an interesting read, I loved finding out a bit more about the Irish culture. Definitely on my list of places I would love to visit! X

June 28, 2018 / 12:12 pm

Thank you! Me too, it’s definitely up there on the next few places I’ll be going! X

7. June 28, 2018 / 3:16 am

I’ve always wanted to go to Ireland. Everyone always speaks highly of it.

June 28, 2018 / 12:12 pm

Me too! It’s sounds like such a beautiful, fun and lively place!

8. June 28, 2018 / 6:24 am

How neat! I love this basic breakdown of what we could expect if we visit Ireland. My husband and I both have Irish ancestry, so this would be a fun trip for us to take in the future. XOXO.

June 28, 2018 / 12:13 pm

Thank you! I definitely think it would be fun for you guys to go and learn a little about your history! x

9. June 28, 2018 / 3:24 pm

Reading your post brought back so many wonderful memories from my trip to Ireland! Irish culture is astonishing and I’m happy you are bringing this culture closer to people!

July 2, 2018 / 1:52 pm

I’m so glad it did! Thank you ☺️

10. June 30, 2018 / 3:06 am

I LOVE the Irish culture! There are so many traditions and history going on there – I know I’d appreciate learning things that have been going on for centuries! It’s so cool that there’s a strong culture for sports there! I always like to see a friendly competition going on. Thanks for sharing these facts!

Nancy β™₯ exquisitely.me

July 2, 2018 / 1:53 pm

It really is quite an interesting one. I’m so glad you enjoyed this post, and thank you for reading πŸ’–

July 4, 2018 / 1:49 pm

I’m so glad you enjoyed this post! ☺️ x

11. July 20, 2018 / 4:49 pm

I think that it would be lovely to go and visit Ireland – they have some really nice areas that are a little out of the way but make for beautiful photos and beautiful memories! πŸ™‚ xx

August 7, 2018 / 5:51 pm

They really do! I think Ireland is next on my list since it’s so close to me, but it’s so vast and beautiful, and I can’t resist the accent, either πŸ˜‚