June Birchbox

June Birchbox

This June Birchbox is five years old, and so released a lovely box to celebrate that this month. First off, the box itself is gorgeous – Birchbox always seem to pull it out of the bag with their packaging. It’s a tin box, with floral patterns, as you can see. It’s supposed to resemble and old style English biscuit box, which ties in with their extra gift that they gave away this month. I’ll definitely be reusing this!

The free 6th gift that we got this month was a pack of 3 different teas from Whittards. It came in a cute box with similar patterns to the Birchbox tin, and I received 1 Earl Grey, 1 Lemon and Ginger, and 1 Mango and Bergamot. Unfortunately, you won’t see them in any of my pictures as I shared and drank them with my parents as soon as my delivery arrived (oops) and forgot to save the packaging!

I tried the Mango and Bergamot tea and it was delicious, and not too overpowering in flavour!

June Birchbox subscription

The first product I received was one that I got to pick the colour of before delivery, and it was the Ella Eden eyeshadow inΒ Julia. It’s a lovely, darker pink champagne colour and I’m very excited to try it out.

The other products were a mystery to me, but I’m happy with them! Especially the Polaar Velvety Sun Fluid Face & Body suncream. I don’t have any SPF in my foundation or moisturiser, and now that the days are getting sunnier, I find myself going outside with no sun protection on my face. Now I don’t have to worry about any sun damage through my make up, and can pop this on underneath it!

I’m also trying out new primers at the moment, as I’m pretty much done with my original Porefessional, and recently bought The Body Shop’s tea tree primer. Porefessional has worked well for me before, so I’m intrigued to see how the Pearl primer version holds up against it. It is apparently the same texture, but with added pink pigment for brightness. The size of the sample is very small, but considering you do not get a massive tube for the full sized version, it seems reasonable.

Birchbox Jun 2

Next up is the Number 4 Jour d’automne Smoothing Balm. I usually let my hair air dry, and because of this it can go a bit frizzy, but I’m hoping this product can help. It aims to de-frizz, soften, and protect against heat damage all by running a small amount through your hair. Considering this, we received a decent sample size of the product.

The last product I received was the Lord & Berry Strobing Highlighter Pencil. At first glance, I thought this was a very pale coloured eye pencil, but after reading the booklet, it turns out it is a highlighter pencil that you can use anywhere on your face. Corner of your eyes, cheekbones, cupids bow – anywhere that you want a little glow.

I’m not sure how I feel about this product. I’ll have to try it out a few times before I can say for sure what my thoughts are, but currently, I’m not sure how well this will give the look I would like. I like a more visible glow, and for something quite thin and small, I feel I would have to use a lot of product to achieve this and that repurchasing this may not be worth the money.

Birchbox Jun 4

However, I am happy to try it out, and I’m happy to try out everything else in this box, as well. Overall, it has been quite successful this month in terms of what I got.

What is your favourite product from this month’s Birchbox? Have you tried any of them before, and what are your thoughts?

Previous boxes: May Birchbox

• June 17, 2018 / 2:44 pm

It’s such a good design, I’m so excited to use it as storage!

1. baybythesea
    June 17, 2018 / 3:23 pm

You had me at tin, frankly. I love a nice tin! So pretty AND useful.
    Tracy @bloggerbythesea x

• June 17, 2018 / 3:56 pm

Haha, I love it! Exactly – I love a good tin or storage box! x

2. June 17, 2018 / 4:30 pm

Sadly I’ve not tried any of these but the highlighter pencil is intriguing so I’m excited to see what you think of it in future.

Shevy

• June 17, 2018 / 4:39 pm

I’ve tried it on my cupids bow, but I wouldn’t say it’s astounding right now. I’ll need to try it a few more times, though!

• June 17, 2018 / 8:44 pm

It really is so cute, and I definitely think it’s a bit of fun. I don’t expect I’ll keep it up for long, but I’m having fun trying it out while I have the money to do so!

3. June 17, 2018 / 9:18 pm

I can’t leave the house with out my POREfessio nal primer! Haven’t tried the pearl one, but the original is my favorite! Birchbox always has good stuff, and the box looks so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

• June 18, 2018 / 8:21 pm

It’s so good, I’ve used POREfessional before and I loved it, but I am really liking the Pearl one, more. It’s got a lovely pink colour and just evens out my skin a little bit more before make-up!

• June 18, 2018 / 8:25 pm

I’ll have to try this one for sure!

4. June 17, 2018 / 10:09 pm

I’ve qlways been tempted but never committed to getting a Birchbox. This one looks fab. I’m strict about which products I use though so could be an issue! Thanks for aharing

• June 18, 2018 / 8:23 pm

That is fair! It’s worth looking into to see if you can cater your profile to your skin needs, if you’re interested in trying out a beauty box!

5. June 18, 2018 / 7:35 pm

I’ve never tried Birchbox but I’m always impressed by their gorgeous designs! This box is so petty and awesome that it’s reusable. I love the sound of Mango and Bergamot tea! Hope you enjoy all your goodies Beka πŸ’– xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

• June 18, 2018 / 8:25 pm

I think their boxes and designs are my favourite part of the subscription, even though I love the products in them, too – I just love a bit of storage! I actually went out and purchased a box of the tea today, it was just so good I couldn’t resist! Thank you, Bexa πŸ’– xx

6. June 19, 2018 / 10:49 am

I love the pictures you have taken for this post! The box also looks super cute this time!

• June 19, 2018 / 10:56 am

Thank you! It does, I’m loving how the box is actually a tin as well, it’s just so sweet!

7. June 19, 2018 / 12:16 pm

I always love how pretty the birchboxes are. This sounds like a pretty good month product wise too!

• June 20, 2018 / 7:30 pm

It was, I really like what I got, but I’m still not sure about that highlighter pencil!

8. June 19, 2018 / 12:42 pm

I love the idea of these boxes and getting to try loads of different products! That tin is so cute and I’ve heard such good things about Porefessional! I’ve never used primers before but I do want to give that one a try!

• June 20, 2018 / 7:36 pm

Me too! I’m not sure how long I will keep it up for, just because I’ll have to start saving up soon, but I’m liking it right now. I would really recommend Porefessional, it’s such a great primer and it makes my skin feel so soft even before I’ve put my make-up on!

• June 20, 2018 / 7:51 pm

Yeah that’s the problem when you’re trying to save all the money adds up doesn’t it! I’ll have to get a travel size one to give it a go! x

• June 21, 2018 / 8:41 am

You should!! Take advantage of that 3 for 2 travel sized benefit products that Boots do! x

• June 21, 2018 / 4:43 pm

Ooh, I really want to try Hoola as well! Let me know if you do and what it’s like, please! x

9. June 19, 2018 / 2:45 pm

I keep seeing people reviewing this and honestly still cant get over how cute the box is!

• June 20, 2018 / 7:37 pm

Neither!! I’m so in love, I’m going to find cute things to put it in, like a little souvenir box or something!

10. June 22, 2018 / 6:03 pm

I got the Polaar SPF in my French Birchbox too. I’m jealous of your Benefit primer πŸ™

• June 24, 2018 / 12:10 pm

I’ve yet to use it, but I’m really excited! It was good, I’d recommend picking yourself up a sample size if you’re ever in store!

• June 26, 2018 / 12:37 pm

I’ve tried it a couple of times now, and it’s really light and not thick at all! It feels like there is nothing on your face once it sinks in – so good!

11. June 26, 2018 / 1:27 pm

I’ve always wanted to try a Birchbox… I love the tin so pretty. I would definitely keep it for keeping like biscuits or maybe something else..

Kate xx

• June 26, 2018 / 1:34 pm

It’s worth a shot, I’m pretty sure they’re doing 2 for the price of 1 for the rest of the month! I’m so excited to reuse the tin, it’s adorable!