Crayola Beauty | First Impressions

Crayola Beauty | First Impressions

Crayola Beauty ?

Our beloved craft brand from when we were kids have now brought out a beauty range. I’m still in shock, and so excited! Crayola are collaborating with ASOS, and at first sight I thought that it couldn’t really be Crayola, but it is!

Since I bought my products, they have brought out more – I’d definitely recommend having a nosey on ASOS’s website, even if just out of curiosity. They have eyeshadow palettes, face and lip palettes, highlighters, mascara, make up brushes and faceย crayons.ย Yes, crayons! They come looking like your classic Crayola crayon, and if you buy a pack of three, they actually come in the classic Crayola packaging as well.

Crayola Beauty

I decided to buy an eyeshadow palette, a highlighter and one of the face crayons.

I bought the warm nudes eyeshadow palette and the colours are gorgeous. I swatched a few of them, but please bear in mind that my swatching skills are not great. The burnt orange colour I think has to be my favourite, as well as the mustardy colour – I’m really into shades of orange and yellow at the moment. The dark purple is very pretty, too. I’m just really excited by all of them – I still cannot get over the fact that this isย Crayola???ย

The consistency of the shadows feel really nice, and the colour payoff is good, too. I was a bit nervous that the products would be more gimmicky than professional, but I was pleasantly proved wrong!

Crayola Beauty

Onto the highlighter, I was tempted to go for one of the golden shades but I thought that there would be a chance it would be too dark for my skin, so I played it safe and went for the champagne-like shade in Shimmering Blush. I am absolutely in love with this highlighter as it has a pink pearlescent glow to it, and I always feel like cream highlighters look a bit more natural lying on the skin. I’m looking forward to using this one more!

Unfortunately, it was a bit difficult for me to get a good picture of the highlighter swatch, but trust me when I say it is more pigmented and gorgeous in person.

Crayola Beauty

For the face crayon, I went for the shade Velvet Pink, which is a gorgeous dusky pink colour. I say face crayon as you can use this one on your lip and cheeks, however some of the crayons also advertise that you can use them on your eyes.

I’m a bit confused if this means all crayons can be used on eyes, or only specific ones, but I don’t want to take the chance. If you do go buying some Crayola Beauty products, please be careful to check where the crayons are suitable to be used on certain areas of your face.

Crayola 4

I’m very excited by Crayola Beauty – I think what they’re doing is really fun, especially for the child in all of us, but also they are creating good quality, vegan and cruelty-free beauty products!

What do you think of Crayola Beauty? Will you be purchasing anything from their range?

1. June 13, 2018 / 10:18 am

I did an Asos shop the other day and saw these after everyone talking about them on Twitter but I was really skeptical to buy them because they’re quite pricey! They look very fun and would be such a cute addition to my makeup storage!

• June 13, 2018 / 11:47 am

I do love a good ASOS haul ๐Ÿ˜ I was a bit worried at first, too, since it was a lot of money for something that could possibly fail. But I love the gimmicky side to it – that it is by Crayola, and the quality of the products ended up surprising me in the end. I’m not sure if I could buy any more, I’d like to see how the products play out the more I use them, but I am happy I bought them. They’re definitely something fun to add to all the more serious products I own!

2. June 13, 2018 / 11:12 am

I saw this on the internet the other day and I was so surprised. I love the idea of it though- so unique. The eyeshadow actually look really good and love the colour of the lip crayon. I might be tempted to try it out ๐Ÿ˜ x

• June 13, 2018 / 11:55 am

Me too, it’s definitely taken everyone by surprised, but I love that they’re trying something fun and new! The eyeshadows I think are what surprised me the most, since they’re not a cream consistency, but proper eyeshadows and I was worried on how they would handle that. You definitely should, it may not be a popular make-up brand, but it’s definitely a bit of fun and good quality!

• June 13, 2018 / 12:06 pm

Yes it does seem fun. That’s good that they are good quality. Yes, I really like the packaging as well so would be cool to add it to my collection ๐Ÿ˜Š

3. June 14, 2018 / 8:34 pm

I heard about this the other day and I was quite surprised they were coming out with beauty products! The eyeshadow palette does look lovely! X

Ashleigh | ashleighwrites.co.uk

• June 15, 2018 / 9:34 am

Me too! I’ve heard a couple of bad things about the products, but I’m actually very pleased with what I got. Considering it’s Crayola and all just a bit of fun, they are really good – I’ve had worse popular drugstore products, if I’m honest!

4. June 14, 2018 / 8:44 pm

I saw these on ASOS the other day and I was so shocked, I thought it was a joke or something haha I LOVE the look of the eyeshadow pallet; those colours are perfect for me and I think I’m definitely going to have to give it a try now!xx

Jade | jademarie.co.uk

• June 15, 2018 / 9:35 am

Me too, I was so surprised ๐Ÿ˜‚ I really do like them, I would say they’re drugstore quality but the colours are gorgeous! It’s definitely worth trying, and fun item to add to your make up collection! x

5. June 14, 2018 / 9:35 pm

That eyeshadow palette looks gorgeous! I cannot believe that my favourite crayons when I was younger have now been made into a makeup brand too, crazy!

• June 15, 2018 / 9:36 am

I’m loving the eyeshadows at the moment! I’m still experimenting with the looks I can create with it, but I’m having fun doing it โ˜บ๏ธ I know, I’m still in shock, haha! x

6. June 14, 2018 / 9:39 pm

My inner 5 year old was screaming when I first saw this! I haven’t picked anything up yet because I was worried it would be a bit gimmicky. But pinky pearl highlighters are my favourite kind of shades so I might just have to pick one up and see what all of the fuss is about. Great review! x

Sophie

• June 15, 2018 / 9:39 am

I was worried about that, too, but if I’m honest I’ve had worst drugstore make-up! It’s definitely products I will happily use until completely finished, and they just look like any other make-up on your face, as in they aren’t extreme colours or anything (unless you do go for the more unique colours of lipsticks). The highlighter is very subtle but gorgeous on the skin, although I did powder over mine and it made it subtle. It was very glowy before I set my make-up โ˜บ๏ธ

Thank you, Sophie! ๐Ÿ’– x

7. June 15, 2018 / 10:16 pm

You’ve enabled me. I am seriously heading right over to ASOS to pick up a few things. I had my doubts about Crayola Beauty, but they did have a collab with Clinique back in the day that I wasn’t too keen on.

Can’t wait to try this! x

Michelle
    dressingwithstyle-s.com

• June 17, 2018 / 2:43 pm

I’m glad I could convince you to give them a try – I think it’s super fun what they’re doing. I hope you enjoy the products as much as I do!

8. June 20, 2018 / 9:34 pm

i just stumbled upon your blog & i absolutely love it (: i’ve seen a couple videos on this crayola release & it is a rather interesting product lol. i could see the highlighter being very good in person. i also think that these would look so cute on a vanity. great read!!
    xo, nora

• June 21, 2018 / 9:13 am

Thank you, that’s so sweet of you to say! ๐Ÿ’– They’re definitely interesting, but I also really like them, and the highlighter is so subtle but cute! Thanks!

x

• July 15, 2018 / 11:16 am

I’m loving the highlighter, it’s not too in your face and gives you a really lovely, pearlescent glow!