Re-potting and Planting New Seeds

Re-potting and Planting New Seeds

Recently I was in Flying Tiger and noticed some really cute vases / plant pots, and wanted to have a little collection of plants and herbs by my window, so I bought them, a plant, and some seeds and thought I’d write a blog post about how I like re-potting and planting new seeds.

There were so many cute pots in the shop. I picked up a few coloured pots, and a pink flower vase, too. I also picked up a plain white one in the shape of a camera. They have a few different object shaped vases and pots, and I’m sure I’m going to go back and pick up some more so I can grow my herb collection!

Flying Tiger planting pots

I wanted a plant for the larger pot, so I went to a local garden centre and picked up a very cute plant called Glechoma Hederacea (if you’re interested). I then bought coriander and garlic chives seeds, as those two herbs are probably the two I use the most.

re-potting and planting new seeds

I filled the purple pot with a little earth at the bottom before tipping the plant out of it’s original plastic pot, and putting it inside the purple one. I then filled the gaps at the side with more earth and that was that done!

I also filled the small and camera pots up with earth almost to the top, before popping in a few of my chosen seeds on top. I then topped it off with a little more earth and lightly patted it down so the seeds were covered.

re-potting and planting new seeds

I chose to put the chives in the smaller blue pot, and the coriander in the camera pot as I thought it would be cute to have the bushy coriander leaves growing out over the top of the camera. I also think it would be nice if the camera was painted (I might do this in the future if I can find paint that can work) but the plain white is also nice.

Give your plants and seeds a water, and that’s it! I’m excited to watch these  herbs grow, and to buy some more seeds and pots to grow my windowsill collection.

Do you have any cute or unusual plant pots, or are you into herb gardening?

1. Creative Nails
    June 10, 2018 / 11:08 am

That camera shaped pot is so cute – love it! I have a small plant in my room on my desk, my mum got it for me and I’m surprised with how well I’ve kept it going haha. I can’t remember what it is though. Love the colours of the other pots you got too – great choices!

Amy,

• June 10, 2018 / 2:34 pm

Me too, I thought it was so lovely! I’m getting better at keeping plants going myself, so I thought I’d give myself a little challenge and grow some herbs this time! Thank you – the other pots they stock are also very pretty, I’m probably going to go back and buy some more!

2. June 10, 2018 / 11:15 am

A timely post. I just got a little tomato plant as a gift. I need to replant it. So thank you for this!

• June 10, 2018 / 2:32 pm

No worries, thank you for taking the time to read! I hope your adventure with your tomato plant goes well – I was actually going to buy a small strawberry plant instead of the ivy, but I ended up not doing that. Definitely going back to buy that plant at some point though!

3. geniussr
    June 10, 2018 / 4:08 pm

I really needed this post as my son got his sunflower plant home and has to re-pot it.. these are very cute pots you picked❤️

• June 10, 2018 / 4:26 pm

Ah, that’s adorable! Sunflowers are always good plants for children, and so cheery, too! Thank you, I’m definitely going back to buy more, I love them ☺️

• geniussr
        June 10, 2018 / 4:31 pm

somehow I couldn’t see my comment on your website when I do.. thats why I have to do it two times I don’t know if it appears twice there..🙈

• June 10, 2018 / 4:33 pm

It only came through once so don’t worry ☺️

4. June 10, 2018 / 7:40 pm

This is such a good post! I want to have more plants in my room and do more DIY around them! so this is perfect to start with!

• June 11, 2018 / 3:53 pm

Thank you, Corinne! Definitely, honestly it’s surprising what a couple of cute plant pots and greenery can do to a room!

5. June 10, 2018 / 7:47 pm

I love the pots you picked out! That camera shaped one is so cool! I haven’t actually been able to get into herb gardening but I’d definitely be keen to give it a go. It also gives me an excuse to buy pretty pots!

• June 11, 2018 / 3:52 pm

Thank you! Exactly, herbs and pretty pots? I think that’s a pretty good payout for something you only need to water once in awhile!

6. June 10, 2018 / 7:59 pm

This is such a sweet idea! I love tiger for little cute things like those pots, they’re gorgeous!
    I should really plant some herbs as well, they’re so much better fresh than dried! Hopefully I can keep them alive though!
    Love, Cally x

• June 11, 2018 / 3:51 pm

Me too, it’s one of my favourite shops just for random, cute things! I’m finding it surprisingly easy – you should definitely give it a go! x

7. aimsysantics
    June 10, 2018 / 8:03 pm

I have just got majorly into gardening, and bought a tonne of stuff from home bargains. It is so nice and slightly rewarding to see your seeds turn into seedlings then fully fledged plants! I’m hoping my basis and chives do well, as I love those herbs!
    I love the camera pot, it looks great white, but a really bright colour would look fab too!

Aimsy xoxo

• June 11, 2018 / 3:50 pm

That’s awesome! I’m growing chives as well, and coriander, and they’re starting to grow pretty well at the moment. I’m very happy with them! Yeah, part of me wants to paint it but the other part of me loves how clean it looks – dilemma!

x

• June 11, 2018 / 3:49 pm

Thank you! Honestly, I used to be like that as well but now that I’m making more of an effort because I really want to be a plant mum, I’m actually getting better at it and it’s so cool! x

8. June 10, 2018 / 9:15 pm

I adore the camera plant pot, is so adorable! X

• June 11, 2018 / 3:48 pm

Thank you! I love how cute and different it is! X

9. stilljillblog
    June 12, 2018 / 9:30 am

I love these! So sweet! Do they have drainage holes? Jill (stilljill.com) x

• June 12, 2018 / 2:15 pm

Thank you! They don’t have drainage holes, so I’m being very careful while watering my herbs! x

• June 12, 2018 / 6:54 pm

I’m glad it could help you, and good luck on your plant journey!

10. June 13, 2018 / 12:10 am

I need to repot some of my tomato plants, they are getting sorta big on my balcony(have to have them up there, or the ants chop the bottom stems off, little buggers.

I wish I could have indoor herbs, the cats always either tumble them or chew them.

• June 13, 2018 / 11:41 am

I’d love to grow tomato plants! We used to have some when I was younger, but I haven’t had any fruit/veg plants in so long. It’s definitely something I want to add to my collection!

Haha, I totally understand! Our last cat would always be sniffing around my dad’s chilli plants, but usually she’d choose to eat the dirt from the pot, rather than the leaves or chillies (thankfully!).

• June 13, 2018 / 3:36 pm

I can only imagine if she decided to take a nibble of that, oh my.