May Birchbox

May Birchbox

I’ve wanted to try out a make-up subscription for awhile now, and decided on Birchbox as I see it a lot on other blogs. This is my first month so I’m not 100% sure what my thoughts are on the subscription as a whole, but I’m happy with my May Birchbox. And the print on the physical box is super cute, too!

May Birchbox

I was able to pick one item in my box, or rather the colour of the item, which I thought was cool. I would rather you got to pick the item itself, but it’s still nice having an option of some kind. Especially since mine was lipstick, and it would be fairly pointless to pay for a subscription and get a make-up item in a colour that you don’t like or that doesn’t suit you.

Moving on, let’s see what else I got in the box!

May Birchbox

The gift I got to pick the colour of was the Doucce Luscious Lip Stain, and I chose the colour Amber Rose, which is a nice pink on the side of nude.

In my box I also got:

Greenfrog Botanic Geranium & Peppermint Botanical Bodywash
Native Unearthed Activated Charcoal Natural Deodorant Balm
Marcelle New Age Precision 8-in-1 Power Serum
Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner

The product I’m most excited for is the Marcelle Power Serum. I’ve heard a lot about starting to use anti-aging products as early as you can, so I’m happy I received this and can’t wait to add it into my skincare routine.

I’m also intrigued by the deodorant balm. I haven’t tried it yet, but I will be starting tomorrow! I’d love to see if this works just as well as the deodorant I currently use, as it would be a great natural substitute.

So far, I’m quite happy with what I got this month and I’m excited to see what next month’s box will bring!

Have you used Birchbox before? What is your favourite subscription box? I’m still experimenting to see which one is best for me, so recommendations would be great!

Thanks for reading,

1. May 30, 2018 / 8:40 am

I’ve tried Birchbox for the first time this month, it was a good selection I like how you can opt for more cruelty free/organic products too. The eyeko eyeliner was a big disappointment to me, it smudges like mad so good to know without investing in one, I’ll stick to my Stila one

• May 30, 2018 / 12:34 pm

I like that, too! I’m excited to see what we get this month! Really? I loved the eyeliner, I used it for the first time yesterday and forgot to take my make-up off (whoops) and it was still almost perfect this morning! I would definitely recommend giving it another shot. I sometimes set my eyeliner with powder or a black eyeshadow so that it dries faster and hopefully sticks longer, but I don’t think I even did with this one!

• May 30, 2018 / 12:34 pm

I put it on yesterday and it was gorgeous! Very good quality, too!

2. May 30, 2018 / 11:42 am

I miss Birchbox. Maybe I will have to try it again when they do a promotion.

• May 30, 2018 / 12:35 pm

I got my box half price this month, since it was coming to the end of the month, I’m guessing? But that was really nice! Worth keeping your eyes peeled towards the end of next month if you want a deal!

3. May 30, 2018 / 3:14 pm

I’ve been getting Birchbox since January and loved the print on this month’s. The deodorant balm is actually so good although really weird to apply!

I got a few different items to you though. Check out my blog review! https://whatbeedid.com/2018/05/19/review-may-birchbox/

Rebecca xoxo

• May 31, 2018 / 9:55 am

It was so cute and very summery! Yeah it’s a strange one but I found it really effective, I’m enjoying it! ☺️ of course!

Xx

4. May 31, 2018 / 7:08 pm

These look amazing. I’ve never used birch box but I keep hearing that it’s amazing so I’d love to try it. Thanks for sharing x

• June 1, 2018 / 9:08 am

I always hear mixed reviews about Birchbox, but I’m liking it so far. Excited to see what this month is gonna bring!

5. May 31, 2018 / 7:21 pm

I absolutely love the design of the box this month! It’s so summery. I used to be subscribed to Birchbox but I cancelled recently as I got a little bored with the products but this months seemed really exciting! Loved your review x

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

• June 1, 2018 / 9:09 am

It’s so gorgeous! Yeah, I’m hearing mixed reviews about Birchbox but I’m quite happy with this month’s. Did you start a different subscription up instead? Thank you! x

6. May 31, 2018 / 7:22 pm

I’ve heard so may good things about Birchbox! This packaging is gorgeous!

• June 1, 2018 / 9:09 am

It really is, I love how you can reuse the boxes as storage as well! It’s like getting a 6th item!

• June 1, 2018 / 9:10 am

I LOVE the colour, it’s gorgeous, I’m so glad I received this one!

7. May 31, 2018 / 7:42 pm

I got a Birchbox gift subscription from my friend, and I loved that you could choose based on your skin type, worries, styles etc.! I also love their added extras – I got a ballet pump bag, a make up bag, a clutch bag etc., and of course the boxes are super cute!
    Rhianna

• June 1, 2018 / 9:11 am

That’s such a lovely gift! Yeah, I like how you can personalise what you get as well. It’s a really nice treat, so you don’t always end up with something that won’t work for you! Yeah, I’m tempted to add some extras in and shop around their Birchbox shop. I love how subscribers get discount as well!

8. June 2, 2018 / 4:15 pm

The deodorant balm sounds really interesting, and the power serum too. I love your photo’s, I did have a Birchbox subscription but I just ended up with lots of products I didn’t get around to using so cancelled it, I wouldn’t be against signing back up in the future and think it’s great way of finding new products and brands.

Emma x
    emmarollason.com

• June 3, 2018 / 8:02 pm

Thank you! The deodorant balm is really interesting, it’s strange but I’m really liking it. Yeah, I can understand how easy that would be to end up getting stuff that isn’t particularly suited to you. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to make the most of the products I end up being sent, otherwise I might have to do the same! It is a lovely idea though!